PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Last updated: 01-01-2021
This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘Policy’) of GleveVentures Ltd, a limited liability company (11948114) incorporated in England and Wales with registered office at 49 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 3HP, England (“VerifiedVisitors”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
This Policy describes the ways in which VerifiedVisitors collects and uses information about you when you use our website at https://www.verifiedvisitors.com/ (the “Website”) and your use of the VerifiedVisitors AI-powered visitor management platform designed to protect and optimise your business online (the “Platform”).
1. Can this Policy change?
VerifiedVisitors may amend this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes we may make on this page and, where appropriate, notify you via e-mail. When amendments are made, we will update the "last updated" date at the top of this Policy. You should visit this Policy each time you visit the Website to review the current terms which you must abide by.
2. Who is responsible for my personal information?
VerifiedVisitors is the provider of the Website and the Platform (together, the “Services”), we are responsible for making decisions about how your personal information is used (the “controller”) in connection with use of our Website and Platform.
3. What information does VerifiedVisitors collect about me?
Information you give us:
VerifiedVisitors may collect the following information from you when you use our Services:
- Account and contact details: When you create an account, you provide us with login credentials, website domain addresses, and basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your company details, name and business email address.
- Billing details: When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a marketplace platform such as Amazon AWS or Cloudflare), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information so that we can invoice you.
- Customer service: If you contact our customer service team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
Information we receive from others:
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other users: Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about the administrator of your account on the Platform if they share provide login or other information for you.
- Other Partners: We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where the Platform is available through a partner’s websites e.g via Amazon AWS and Cloudflare) and platforms (in which case they will pass along your details).
Information collected when you use our services:
- Device information: We may collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength; and
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Geolocation: If you give us your consent, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Please see Cookies below for more information on why we use device and cookie derived information and how you can better control this use, through your browser settings and other tools.
4. What does VerifiedVisitors use my personal information for?
To provide the service
This includes making the Website and Platform available to you, customer support and communicating with you about our Services.
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
We may use your information to link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services.
We do this by linking devices and browser personal information, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar personal information about your devices to help identify and link them.
To improve our services
- conducting research and analysis of users’ behaviour to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behaviour); and
- developing new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight bot attacks, fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
We perform behavioural analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities and retain personal information related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences.
To ensure legal compliance
To comply with legal requirements, assist law enforcement and enforce or exercise our rights, for example our terms and conditions.
5. What are VerifiedVisitors ’s legal basis to process my personal information?
VerifiedVisitors relies on the following grounds to process your personal information:
• To provide our services: we process your personal information in order to make our Services available to you and to provide our Services. For example, in order to be able to maintain your account on the Platform or respond to a contact request submitted by you.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your personal information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyse users’ behaviour on our services to improve our offerings, for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
• Legal obligation: In some cases, applicable laws may require us to process certain information about you.
• Consent: We may ask for your consent to use your personal information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Policy.
6. Sharing your information - who does VerifiedVisitors share your information with and why?
With other users
You share information with your Platform account administrator when you voluntarily disclose information on the Platform. Please be careful with your personal information and who you share it with.
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including personal information hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, payment processing and security operations.
We may also provide aggregated (anonymised) information to third parties.
A list of these third parties is available on request.
In corporate transactions
We may transfer your personal information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your personal information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share anonymised data (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you, or your web visitors are, such as device information, general demographics, general behavioural personal information, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in an aggregated, hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances.
We may also share this information with third parties to develop and deliver knowledge banks of good and bad bots and to analyse and report on the same.
We may combine this information with additional anonymised data or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
7. Links to third party websites and third party adverts
VerifiedVisitors is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites, including any reseller’s or retailer’s, even if you access them via the Website or Platform. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the Website or Platform from a third party site or via a social network, VerifiedVisitors is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommends that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. How does VerifiedVisitors send information outside of my country?
When we send your personal information outside of your country we have in place adequate safeguards to do so. This includes EU standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit personal information transfers from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to other countries.
9. How does VerifiedVisitors protect my personal information?
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All personal data is encrypted at rest and in transit.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
10. Storage and data retention
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise required by applicable law.
This section of the Policy explains what cookies are, what types of cookies are placed on your device when you visit the Website and Platform and how VerifiedVisitors uses them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or other identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services.
Who can drop cookies?
First-party cookies are placed on your device directly by VerifiedVisitors. For example, VerifiedVisitors uses first-party cookies to adapt our Website and Platform to your browser’s language preferences and to better understand your use of our Website.
Third-party cookies are placed on your device by our partners such as Google, and other service providers. For example, VerifiedVisitors use third-party cookies to measure user numbers on the Website and Platform.
How long does a cookie stay on my device?
There are session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only last until you close your browser. We use session cookies for a variety of reasons, including to learn more about your use of our Services and to help you to use our Services more efficiently. Persistent cookies have a longer lifespan and aren’t automatically deleted when you close your browser. These types of cookies are primarily used to help you quickly sign-in to our Platform again and for analytical purposes.
Does VerifiedVisitors use other tracking technologies?
Other technologies (which VerifiedVisitors also calls cookies) such as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs) can also be used. Web beacons are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our service or opened an e-mail that VerifiedVisitors has sent them. Tracking URLs are custom generated links that help us understand where the traffic to our webpages comes from. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
What does it do?
Essential website cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our marketing Website and the VerifiedVisitor Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas and logging in to the Platform, security features, and analytics on visitor management.
These cookies help us understand how our Website is being used, gain telemetry insight into visitor usage patterns, determine how effective marketing campaigns are, and help us customize and improve our websites for you.
How can you control cookies?
- Browser and device controls. Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. The procedure for managing cookies is slightly different for each internet browser. You can check the specific steps in your particular browser help menu. You also may be able to reset device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. The procedure for managing device identifiers is slightly different for each device. You can check the specific steps in the help or settings menu of your particular device.
What happens if I disable all cookies?
The changes you make to your cookie preferences may make browsing our Website a less satisfying experience. In some cases, you may even find yourself unable to use all or part of our Website and Platform.
12. Exercising your rights
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us emailing us at email@example.com In certain circumstances, if you are an EEA resident, you may exercise the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws as follows:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. This may mean your access to certain services is restricted or denied as a result. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (in the UK this is the ICO).
We respond to all requests we receive from users in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests. In some cases, we may reject requests for certain reasons (for example, if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user).
13. VerifiedVisitors Contact Details
If at any time you would like to contact VerifiedVisitors about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at privacy@VerifiedVisitors.com with the subject line “DATA PROTECTION QUERY”.